Friday, March 5, 2010

Getting Ready for Baby

Dawn returned a few days after I did from the U.S. Once she was over her jet lag, final planning for our son's arrival began in earnest. We are now nearing the end of our pre-birthing classes with the doula who will help Dawn and me through labor and delivery. We have read many books (Dawn in particular) and watched several birthing and labor videos together. We have a bag packed for the trip to the hospital. I am nearing the end of the third round of revisions to my MA thesis. Hopefully, the third time's the charm.

The upcoming week will be extremely busy. My advisor is organizing a conference that will happen this coming week, 30 Years of German-Jewish Studies, and we meet Sarah, our doula, for a fourth and final pre-birth session. Dawn will also be doing a technological on campus interview over two consecutive days with a university back home. We are less than a month away from the due date (April 4th).

No comments: